One-Skillet Pork with Wild Rice and Herbs
- TOTAL PREP TIME30 minutes
- DEGREE OF DIFFICULTYEasy
Print this recipe
- 1 pound pork tenderloin lean, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 8-oz package sliced white mushrooms OR brown mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth reduced-sodium
- 1 cup uncooked white and wild rice blend*
- 1 tablespoon Italian herbs herbes de Provence OR other dried herb blend
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables thawed
- Salt and black pepper
In a large skillet or sauté pan with a tight-fitting lid over high heat, combine pork, mushrooms, broth, rice, and herbs. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook 15 minutes.
Stir in mixed vegetables and continue to cook until liquid has absorbed, rice is tender, and pork is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
*Note: To make sure they’ll be done at the same time, use an already-combined mixture of white and wild rice. Look for a blend that has a cooking time of about 20 minutes.
My family and I live in the southeast part of the state. We started raising hogs in the late 1940's with my grandparents, Lee and Dorothy. The second generation of our farm include my parents, Chuck and Debbie and my Aunt and Uncle, Dale and Judy. In 2008, our four families joined together in a partnership to make Springer Family foods.
Find a Recipe
Our goal is to make you look like a star in the kitchen. Whether that's a quick and easy dinner recipe or a holiday feast, we have the recipe for you!