Quick Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
- TOTAL PREP TIME45 minutes
- SERVINGS4 - 6
- DEGREE OF DIFFICULTYEasy
Print this recipe
- 8 ounces lean ground pork
- 4 ounces Italian pork sausage
- 1 7-oz jar roasted red sweet peppers drained and chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/2 teaspooon garlic minced (1 clove)
- 1 28-oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 10 3/4-ounce can tomato puree
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper ground
- 1/4 cup dry red wine OR water
- Cooked spaghetti hot
- Parsley sprigs fresh
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
Combine pork, sausage, sweet peppers, onion, and garlic in a heavy, large covered saucepan; cook until pork and sausage are brown, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon. Drain off fat. Stir in tomatoes, tomato puree, Italian seasoning, salt and black pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until desired consistency. Stir in wine or water. Serve over hot cooked spaghetti. If desired, garnish with parsley sprigs. If desired, serve with grated Parmesan cheese.
Serves 4 to 6.
Our farm is a diversified farm, like many farms here in Kansas, and we raise pigs and cattle and grow corn, wheat, and alfalfa. We enjoy our rural lifestyle and we are proud to raise food for your family and ours.
Find a Recipe
Our goal is to make you look like a star in the kitchen. Whether that's a quick and easy dinner recipe or a holiday feast, we have the recipe for you!